To interact with or handle wildlife and marine mammals, or use public conservation land other than for personal recreation, you need authorisation from DOC.

Identify which group below is relevant for you to find out which permit/authorisation you are likely to need and how to apply. 

To help work out what research or wildlife authorisation you need, try our decision-making tool.

Get information on all permit/authorisations required from DOC.

Back to top